Engine cut at 5500-6000 RPM, need help !

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
How did your dealer (mechanic) determine that those parts were bad? I don't see any parts in the pictures that look broken. My ST currently has 126,000 miles (203,000 km) on the engine and I know two rider that have 300,000 miles on their engines.

I would have thought that your problems were related to a possible bad ECU module and not this. Good luck...

OP
OP
Smok3
Bike
ST1300
for now I`dont have pictures with chain and sprocket wear but I saw with my own eyes all 5 sprokets.....I come with detailed pictures once the engine its ready and the old parts back....around the rotation 2500-3000 rpm there was a SOUND of a chain on the right side, almost the same as in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5yalZJPp0U

Attachments

Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
From what I'm understanding, and put me straight if i'm wrong, on of the timing chains have jumped a tooth...? This would explain a lot..

OP
OP
Smok3
Bike
ST1300
yes you are right but both chains its posible to jumped a tooth.. according Honda mecanic

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
yes you are right but both chains its posible to jumped a tooth.. according Honda mecanic
I think it is highly unlikely that both chains would have jumped unless both cam chain tensioners were also bad. Did the mechanic check the cam timing before he took everything apart? Did you have your valve shims measured recently? I don't know how many teeth the sprocket can jump before you start hitting the valves with the pistons. Hope you don't have any further issues...

OP
OP
Smok3
Bike
ST1300
As I said I have this bike this year (february), I put on the clock 18.000km, engine has on the clock 45.000 km ....no valve shims measured this year....but do not know the old owner....I do not know the history of this motorcycle...I do not know if the miles/km are real...my mechanic to make measurements on valves shims after replace distribution( chain,cam chain,sprokets.....)and then starts the engine and measure and compression....:(

Bike
2010 ST1300 ABS
Was the compression ever tested? If the vavle timing was incorrect, a compression test before the engine tear down would have most likely shown low compression.

OP
OP
Smok3
Bike
ST1300
compression was measured only on the right cylinder ...there I heard the chain...but I was told it is ok...waiting for the moment to come cam chain tensioner assemble the engine and see ...

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
As I said I have this bike this year (february), I put on the clock 18.000km, engine has on the clock 45.000 km ....no valve shims measured this year....but do not know the old owner....I do not know the history of this motorcycle...I do not know if the miles/km are real...my mechanic to make measurements on valves shims after replace distribution( chain,cam chain,sprokets.....)and then starts the engine and measure and compression....:(
My line of thought was that maybe someone had gone in and checked the valves and in the process had damaged the cam chain tensioner. But I see now that is not the case.

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
I was thinking the person that adjusted the valves last, put it back together with the chains one tooth out.
It happened to me when I did my valves. Put everything back together and I guess the sag of the chain jumped a tooth on the crankshaft. Couldn't figure out why I could not align the marks on the cams with the top of the head. It tied my chain to the cam sprockets before I removed the hardware and was really surprised that I put it together one tooth out.
Check and double check when you work on your valves.

Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
I was thinking the person that adjusted the valves last, put it back together with the chains one tooth out.
It happened to me when I did my valves. Put everything back together and I guess the sag of the chain jumped a tooth on the crankshaft. Couldn't figure out why I could not align the marks on the cams with the top of the head. It tied my chain to the cam sprockets before I removed the hardware and was really surprised that I put it together one tooth out.
Check and double check when you work on your valves.
+1 :eek::pray1::wink::yes:

Top Bottom