STripper
Brian
Yes, I remember very well 'reading the newspaper' from time to time.
Fortunately I had an older sister who I could observe the results from a distance.
As I often tell her -
"I wasn't a better kid than you, just a smarter one. I'd see what you got and determine to avoid those consequences!"![]()
in 8th grade remember walking in class and sitting in the desk next to the teacher, she said i had to sit in my assigned seat. by the end of class i was sitting next to her and never went back to my assigned seatHell I had older brothers with a reputation and a good sister.... when I was in elementary school my teachers would see my last name, confirm the relationship, then place me at the front of the class to " keep an eye on me".
In the urban world a carpet beater was the preferred sidearm...Mine would use a slat off the chicken house if it was handy ...![]()

In my case it was a switch taken from the grape arbor outside. That meant business.Mine would use a slat off the chicken house if it was handy ...![]()
my dad never disciplined us he just looked at us like we were stupid cause he knew what mom was going to do