Had a mild stroke

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
On September 26th while cutting the grass, I had a mild stroke. I didn’t know it. Something hit me while cutting the grass that didn’t feel right. I felt something that wasn’t normal for just a second. I really felt fine. But it caught my attention for sure! I was maybe half way through my front yard. I continue the front and then the back. No problem. I went in the house and took a shower. Then I watched a football game. During the game we were going to have some chicken wing. When Tammi asked me how I wanted her to do them. I could not talk to tell her. I know what I wanted to say. I just couldn’t say it. Off to the ER. Three days later I was home by myself. I couldn’t hardly read, or my much sense trying to read. Talk was already much better. As my girlfriend found out. I went back to work this week. And I took a 220 mile ride for the first time today.
The left side of my neck is 100% plugged. Right is just fine. Blood thinners should take care of things. And a few life styles changes. I’m feel lucky this was caught when It was!

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Geez that had to be scary. Glad it wasn't a full blown heart stopper, and glad you are on the mend and back riding again.

jrp

Bike
ST1100AW
STOC #
I'm glad to read that you survived this and are riding again. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Glad to hear you are healing, my friend. I had a bit of a heart event 16 1/2 years ago and here I am. Do what they recommend and stick to it is the best advice I can give. Be safe and well!

Greg

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
Glad your recovering Keith! You are still a young man, maybe you should not get too excited about the Steelers. :potstir1:

Seriously, do what the Doc and Tammi tell you.

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Couldn't have been the chicken wings, must have been the lawn mowing... Get Tammi a sit down mower! :mow1:

Tom
The first time she came to my house she wanted to sell some of my motorcycles. I let her know she would be replaced first! She didn’t think I should be riding yet! I told her It wasn’t an option.

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Glad to hear you are healing, my friend. I had a bit of a heart event 16 1/2 years ago and here I am. Do what they recommend and stick to it is the best advice I can give. Be safe and well!

Greg
I will do that. If I don’t make it to a Kevin56 event, he will dig me up and put me on a campfire. I was hoping to do that this year.

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Glad your recovering Keith! You are still a young man, maybe you should not get too excited about the Steelers. :potstir1:

Seriously, do what the Doc and Tammi tell you.
My Steelers have been on almost every game here! I’ve had a few last minute my heart should not be beating like this moments.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Sometimes I think my motorcycles and helping folks with theirs keeps me going.
Listen to the doctors but live your life.
After major spine surgery, minor heart attack, dual hand surgeries, all my doctors said I should not ride anymore....and look at me now....I'm the St-Whisperer.
Glad you survived, we'd like to keep you around a bit longer.
If you need anything, you have the white courtesy phone number, use it 24/7 if a need arises.
Heal well my friend.

... and I just saw what I did here! Sorry to hear about the stroke, sir. I'm not letting my health issues stop me from riding either. All the respect to you for demanding quality over quantity of life!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Dang man!... That's scary... and enlightening at the same time... make those choices that allow you to stay around.

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
glad that you are now OK, I've had two TIAs or mini-strokes and both my carotid arteries were full of crud. The surgeons cleared them both out and, apart from a couple of scars, I've been fine since. I also get my cholesterol checked every year and am on copidegrol blood thinners for life and trying to lose a couple of stones in weight helped.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hopefully this is just a wake up call before the serious event. Blood thinners do take some managing so do what is asked of you and you will do fine!

Top Bottom