Had a mild stroke

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Also remember it wasn't a mild stroke - it was a stroke. The results were luckily mild, but could have just as easily been serious or worse.

It's like being a little dead, there's no such thing.
I was in the hospital with the rest of the stroke victims. I was alert the whole time. Nobody else there was as lucky as I was.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Keith, glad it wasn't worse. l will be thinking of you. it's good you have someone to help you change your diet. I struggle with that.

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Good to hear that you are continuing your recovery and able to still enjoy 2 wheeled travel.
Diet and Exercise are 2 very important things to help extend your life.... Doctors orders. :thumb:

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Dam Keith, that's some scary stuff... Take care and stop trying to keep up with uncle Phil...
I hope I am done. I’m not trying to keep up or even come close to uncle Phil procedures. But like him, I hope to be around to share many more campfire with all of you.

Bike
2010 ST-1300
Glad you are ok. My Mom had a TIA a few years ago. Very scary. If you want a good smoked turkey meatloaf recipe let me know :)

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I hope I am done. I’m not trying to keep up or even come close to uncle Phil procedures. But like him, I hope to be around to share many more campfire with all of you.
I wouldn't want anybody to go through the stuff I've been through! :eek:
But funny you should mention that as I just had a bit of 'news' a couple of weeks ago -
It appeared that I had a major aneurysm in the ascending aorta to my heart - that's a 'crack you open like a watermelon and fix it' repair.
As it thankfully turned out on further investigation (two weeks later), I just have an unusually larger aorta and larger heart compared to 'normal'.
After a closer look via an MRI everything seems to be fine (other than a known leaking valve).
But it was sure messing up my riding plans for a while and I'm still not supposed to pick up anything over 50 pounds ... ;)
It is health events like these that you realize how slender the thread is that our lives are hanging from.

Last edited:

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
This was scary Keith, very glad to see you're writing about it.

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Glad you are ok. My Mom had a TIA a few years ago. Very scary. If you want a good smoked turkey meatloaf recipe let me know :)
wow! glad to hear your getting better! hope to see you on the next stoc i go too or if i get a burr i might just ride up to see you
Sound good to me. I need to find more options for meals.

I've almost pulled the trigger on this.
Diet is very user-specific. One should have their doctor run the proper tests to determine "which" diet is most appropriate. (I use the VA, which has a very comprehensive program).

This diet promotes eating lots of fat. Eating too much saturated fat (think bacon / butter), could raise LDL, which is linked to various heart disease, like high blood pressure. It also prohibits nutritional fruits and vegetables, so you need to supplement what's lost thru those.

OP
OP

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
How ya doing now Keith..??? T
I’m feeling good! In Arkansas with the girlfriend. A last second get away. Sure wish I was on one of my bikes! It’s killing me! But I thankful to be getting back to normal so quick! Hopefully 2021 will be a lot more riding for all of us.

Top Bottom