Had a mild stroke

treemuncher

Vegetation Terrorist
Bike
'07 ST1300A
STOC #
Glad to hear you made it through that event fairly unscathed but certainly more aware. Scary stuff.

Keep on riding as long as you can because we have a lot more laughs to be shared.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Wow Keith! That must have been scary! Glad you are on the mend and are able to ride and enjoy life! Listen to your Doc, make whatever life changes you need to make and stay well! Take care my friend.

randalicious

Seasoned M/C Rider
Bike
'07 ST1300
I had something similar in '19, but on the right side carotid. I'm taking it slow, just doing simple physical things around the house and contemplating if or when I'll feel coordinated enough to ride again.

Sharpes, Florida , formally, Nevada City, CA
Bike
GL1800, ST1300
STOC #
Glad to hear you are oK, I had a mild stroke 5 1/2 years while I was playing golf. Thankfully, my golf partner was on the ball and took me to the local fire station and they zipped me off to the ER. After 3 days in the hospital and many tests, they released me calling the incident a TIA. I have been on blood thinners ever since and will be for the rest of my life so I am told. The incident was definitely an eye-opener. I was diagnosed with diabetes at the same time, so I have to deal with that too. Take care of yourself and get regular checkups. The riding mower is a great idea.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Dude...!!!!! So glad you are ok..!!! Thanks for the info, and hope you have a fast recovery. Take care Keith. T

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
"Holy mackerel" man! I just finished reading a book about a guy who survived a life changing stroke. And it got into all the details of the recovery process.
I'm so glad that you caught yours early and knew what to do.
I really hope to see you again sometime soon. So if you"re up this way for one of Kevin's events please plan to stop and spend the night at my place.

Bike
ST1100(s), Nortons,
Well Kieth, very good to hear that you are still with us. If, and when, the borders re-open we'll catch up in the midwest and buy you the beer I owe you.
Andy

Bike
2000 ST1100
Glad you had a good out come and went to the hospital instead of ignoring it like most people do. I will add don't let stress build up as that can cause a heart attack and stroke. Because i remember you had a rather stressful job. Before i retired I was getting those headache's and dizziness and high blood pressure. After i retired those went away so don't discount stress. Another thing i noticed you weren't riding your motorcycle and missing events....another sign that the job was getting to you. BTDT. Take care.

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
I too am glad you were able to post this information yourself. I will not wait till your funeral to haunt you for not making it up to the wilds of Wisconsin.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
No more riding for bbq, just for tofu. LOL! I knew I was your role model, but that is going too far grasshopper. Take care and listen to the doctor.

Bike
18 Goldwing Tour DCT
Keith, glad to hear you are doing better. This was scary to read about and I'm glad you shared it with us. Makes me re-think some of my habits. Get well and stay well. I look forward to seeing you at a STOC event. If you are ever traveling through KY, please look me up.

JohnConner
:bluegw:

:usflag1:

Top Bottom